By now, let's say you have around 1,000 subscribers. You probably make around $15 a month off of AdSense, and you make a decent amount endorsing products (I will talk about this in a few days). I know I've skipped a large time frame but I can get back to the details in a future post.
Some say that this amount of subscribers is perfect. Everyone loves you, nobody dislikes your videos, whenever you forget to upload a video on your schedule people email you to remind you. It's awesome, but it's definitely not a source of income.
There are definitely a lot of options when it comes to going from 1k-50k subscribers.
1. Keep making good content and uploading regularly. (I did this. Took about 4 months from 1k-50k).
2. Second channel where you upload different styles of videos (Vlogs, deleted scenes, extras). I don't recommend this as some people will begin to hate you for "view whoring" :).
3. Giveaways, (eg. Like and sub for a chance to win a MacBook). I also DO NOT recommend this, as it will take quite a while to gain back your investment if you actually do give them what you promised. BUT: If a company offers to pay you to give away one of their products, GO FOR IT (Unless you enjoy having everyone LOVE you).
4. Collaborations. (Make a video with someone that has just as many or more subscribers than you, then you both upload the video). This is one of the best and I've seen some YouTubers gain >60K subs in under 24 hours just from doing one of these.
Tomorrow we will talk about "Targeting an audience".